Thinking of renovating your bathroom?
Here's 5 questions to ask yourself before you start your renovation.
- What's your daily routine?
- How much can you spend?
- How much storage do you need?
- Two sinks or one?
- Shower or bath (or both)?
What shower works for you?
Curtain - probably the best option with small children. Easy to change design styles as they grow.
Glass door - makes any size shower feel more spacious
Open - just make sure you choose waterproof surfaces and a central drain.
Don't underestimate tiny tiles. You can get them for as little as $5 a square foot. With so many choices they can fit any style. And don't forget you can use them all over (think floor to ceiling)!
Stroage is limited in most bathrooms, so built in shower niches are the best option. Add a pre-cast niche to tile over. Just make sure it's big enough to hold your products!
Here's 5 investments that are great for resale!!
- Smart Showers - this is the newest trend. Voice and wifi controls let you adjust temperature and blast music while you shower.
- Nonslip flooring - when putting down new floors consider a high slip-resistant rating of 0.42 or more for the safest wet floor.
- Drawer chargers - Curb clutter by adding outlets to vanity drawers.
- Body jets - huge jetted tubs may be a thing of the past, so consider adding them to your shower. Just keep in mind height and proportions when installing.
- Heated floors - Hate post shower chills? Heated floors keep the chills away and help the floors dry quicker!
Choose upgrades that match your lifestyle! Happiness is the end goal: according to Reator.com's 2019 remoldeling report 70% of consumers "have a greater desire to be home" after a bathroom renovation!