If you haven’t already, you’re about to see these Top 5 Interior Design Trends everywhere this year! What better time to update your home’s decor than the start of a new decade?
1. Vintage Accents: Furnishings and detailings from the 1800s and early 1900s are making a comeback. Victorian sofas, spooled legs, etc., are becoming popular accent pieces and really give a home character.
2. Floral Wallpaper: Floral wallpaper has been a staple across the last few decades, and has stood the test of time. We’re not talking about the granny or hippie variety, but instead, designs that pull from contemporary styles. So if floral wallpaper isn’t your thing, check out some modern designs—you might just change your mind! The vibrant and contrasting colors that floral wallpaper brings will be an incredible addition to any room, but especially small spaces.
3. Colorful Kitchens: A trend in the 2010s was a white, clean looking kitchen. You can throw that idea out the door these days! 2020 is all about colorful cabinets in perfect harmony with the rest of the room. Blue, in particular, is a daring color that makes a gorgeous statement and it's Pantone's color of the year!
4. Free-Standing Tubs: Need a fresh master bath idea? Try a luxurious soaking tub. A claw-foot tub is a great addition that will leave you speechless with its vintage, yet modern feel!
5. Biophilic Design: Biophilic Design is one that incorporates natural elements into modern built environments. Studies have shown that this type of design reduces stress, balances blood pressure, increases productivity, creativity, and overall well-being! To achieve this, incorporate natural light, flowing water (fountains), and indoor plants to your rooms for a direct experience of nature. Complement these with indirect experiences of nature by using natural materials (stone, wood, metals), images of the outdoors, and colors found outside.
Post a Comment